Today's Bear at Play

Unfortunately, if you want to get close to a bear or even a grizzly bear, it will most likely happen at the zoo. I know there are many brave people who practically live with the bears, but not me—at least not yet. However, I really enjoy going to local zoos and seeing happy animals. I was able to shoot some of these photos at noon, when it was really hot, and the bear decided to put on a spectacular show for a few spectators, including us.

This bear was not a young bear. He must have been hot. The playtime lasted for about ten minutes, so believe it or not, not only my camera trigger was going off but also those around us. I kind of felt sorry for the passing photographers with big zoom lenses just as the bear finished his show.
The following photos were taken about a year ago at the Toronto Zoo in Ontario, Canada. I know I have mentioned the African Lion Safari before, but this is another good place to visit if you are in the area. It is a different type of zoo. Get good shoes because you will be pulling off a lot of kilometers, and do not forget to visit the Canadian region, where hopefully you get to see the hanging raccoon.

~ Anna

Comments