Moon Photography: July 29, 2007 Full Moon

Fun facts about the moon:

The lunar month can be defined as the period between one full moon and the next. It is slightly longer than the time the moon takes to orbit the Earth. This is because the Earth is also moving. As I wrote before, we can only see one side of the moon, and the other side is always turned away from Earth. That side is called the dark side of the moon. The dark side is not visible because the moon spins around on its own axis at exactly the same rate or speed that it orbits the Earth.
Aurora, Ontario, July 29, 2007, 9:59 PM EST

~ Anna

Comments

Bob Johnson said…
Hey nice shots, how did you take them? I am kicking myself, we had some clouds just below the moon on Saturday, the reflection off the moon onto the clouds was beautiful, but I had company over so I felt I couldnt set up my scope and laptop, next time I will!
myonlyphoto said…
Bob, took them with my 100-500mm Cannon lens. I started with 75-300mm last year, and I thought that I will see more with my new one, but not much difference. You got some equipment there, very nice, probably you can see much more. I am not into astronomy, but I am fascinated with the full moon every time I see it... :)