House Sparrow Everywhere Yet Adorable

The House Sparrows are everywhere, and if you live in the city, that may be the most common bird around, especially if there is food around.

The House Sparrow [Passer domesticus] is the most widespread songbird. Juvenile sparrows resemble females, as you can see below. However, the underparts are browner, and they have a more pinkish bill. These birds are aggressive and noisy, and they are still my favourite bird.
With the luck I have had recently, I found a dead House Sparrow on my driveway today. It was sad; it had to be buried in the park. Just how fragile these birds are and vulnerable to predators. But that's nature: life is born, and life dies.

~ Anna

Comments

duopastorale said…
Lovely shot of the sparrows! Wish I could take pics like that. Just found your blog today. I like it!
myonlyphoto said…
I just found your comment, thanks for visiting. Anna :)