When Waiting for Meteor Shower

While waiting for the meteor shower, let me show you a picture of a fly I caught in the garden. It was fun; out of 10 shots, this one was perfect. If you look at it for a while, it looks like the bug is sitting on your monitor or is kind of 3D. Oh well, this is at least how I feel.

So the sky finally cleared out; we had rain and quite an overcast, but the clouds were moving. Unfortunately, I am too paranoid to go on the back of my house. I found a skunk sniffing around; he is probably the one who destroyed my vine and ate all the food I put out for the birds. The squirrel is probably on maternity leave. Well, going into fields is not any better; there is probably more wild life than I have in my backyard, but I least there is less light from local housing.

~ Anna

Comments

S-V-H said…
I'm looking forward to your meteor shower shots! Here in Key West it's raining...that means nothing to see and nothing to photograph.

Thank you so much for your commenting on my blog! I appreciate that.:-))
Lynda Lehmann said…
Fascinating insect photo, Anna!

Here in Maine there was a terrible boat accident last night, in which two people were sitting in a boat after dark, without lights. Another boat came speeding along and cut their boat in half, and they are missing. They were out there to watch the meteor shower!
Much better to do it from the back yard....
myonlyphoto said…
Lynda this is very sad news. Sometimes people don't think about safety. For myself I stayed on the backyard. I was considering going to the fields, but when everyone went sleep it was just dark enough to see them coming. Better skunk than some other wild animal.