Moon Photography: Aug 22, 2007 Moon I Was Waiting For

It looks like I only have a chance to take photos of the moon every second day. The skies have been overcast. It doesn't help for moon photography. However, today, the sky somehow cleared out around 10 p.m. with some passing clouds. This made it a little difficult to focus.

This is what I captured today. Unfortunately, I had to do some sharpening to bring up the moon's features. About sharpening any photo so it does not look pixilized, you can read the instructions that I posted in How To Take Photos of the Moon. Check out the last paragraph for the unsharpen technique that I have been using; it works.
Aurora, Ontario, August 22, 2007, 10:08 PM EST

I had a lot of comments about the moon during the day. Now that I think about it, I like it too. The blue sky really makes the moon somehow different. If you recall my previous posts, these are the ones with the moon and blue sky in the background:

August 20, 2007 Almost Half Moon Over Aurora
The Cookie Crescent Moon
August 5, 2007 Morning Moon
House Sparrows: Birds with Character

~ Anna

Comments

Rudi said…
Great blog, I like it :-)
S-V-H said…
Hi Anna,
this is a fantastic shot from the moon, I love it!
Bob Johnson said…
Another great photo of the moon!they're getting better every time out. I'm going to have to get out and get me some pics too.