Moon Photography: The Cookie Crescent Moon

This morning I woke up around 5 a.m. to take a photo of the moon.
Aurora, Ontario, Canada, August 9, 2007, 05:41 AM EST

While out, there were people walking their dogs that early in the morning. I was walking around with a telephoto lens, trying to catch a glimpse of today's moon. Yeah, that early in the morning, chasing the moon in the neighbourhood. I can't see the moon from the backyard, so I had to go in front of the house. When it was darker, I did not mind standing there and taking photos, but when it was getting lighter, I ran home.

At first it was a bit overcast, but for some reason there were no clouds around the moon. But clouds came fast, so I had to wait a bit, but then the sun was rising faster and faster. So here is a showcase of two of the many photos I took. The sad part is that my goal was to capture the complete lunar cycle; however, due to overcast skies, I already missed a few days.
Aurora, Ontario, Canada, August 9, 2007, 06:26 AM EST

~ Anna

Comments

Bob Johnson said…
I love your moon shots, the second one is haunting.
Ginro said…
I have to agree with Bob, I love the second one.
myonlyphoto said…
Thanks ginro - good luck hiding :)