Moon Photography: Two Days of Moon

Since I missed an opportunity to post yesterday, here are the August 25, 2007 and August 26, 2007 moons. Both days we had exceptional nighttime weather—clear sky, only clouds on the horizon. Yesterday, I almost missed the photo shoot because I was almost asleep when the sun shined through the blinds.
Aurora, Ontario, August 26, 2007, 12:38 AM EST

Today, we were driving to my husband's hockey game, and it was fun to watch two horizons: on one side, the west side, the sun going down, and on the east side, a very bright moon rising. At some point, both the sun and moon were at an equal distance from the ground. Unfortunately, I had my pocket camera with me, and going over 100 km/h would not do any justice to my photos.
Aurora, Ontario, Canada, August 26, 2007, 10:18 PM EST

As you know, the Lunar Eclipse is around the corner. To find out more, let's hear from the real expert, Bob, about the latest and greatest news, the Lunar Eclipse for August 28, 2007, and very nice photography of the moon using the real deal telescope. Don't forget to click on the image to enlarge; you never know what you can spot up close.

Enjoy!

~ Anna

Comments

Scruffyhippo said…
Brilliant pictures, I love the full moon, especially the 'blue' light you get from it, look forward to more.
Bob Johnson said…
Awesome pics Anna!, that would have
been great to see the Sun and Moon like that, too many things in my horizon view to see that here, I love your saying, night weather! "nice" play on words.
lovely, lovely photos.

thanks for sharing with the rest of us!

j
myonlyphoto said…
Hi Julia, thanks for visiting and commenting. Visited your blog, cool stuff, I will be coming back for more of your posts - I really liked the one about caring for our bodies...anna :) thanks again.