Itchy and Scratchy

I tried to come up with a good title, but this is the best I can do. These creatures called birds only have two feet, and the feet also do the job of hands that we humans have. I like taking pictures of birds or animals in general. My favourite subjects are usually anything in action. Poses are nice, but capturing the gesture is much more fun.

So far, I have a small collection of birds signing, preening, and scratching, as you will see below: the Great Blue Heron (Heron in Action) and Sandpiper follow.
Great Blue Heron, McKenzie Marsh
Sandpiper, Rogers Reservoir Conservation Area, East Gwillimbury

If you're in the mood for more reading, here's my Backyard Birding Surprise—my encounter with birds of prey.

~ Anna

Comments

S-V-H said…
Hi Anna,

I love your Heron picture and also the little Sandpiper is so cute. I like your photography!
Thanks for commenting on my site too.
Oooooo! I just love bird photos! Yours are just lovely. Thanks for sharing them!
Bob Johnson said…
I like your bird pictures, you catch them just doing their thing, very cool.
kml said…
Love the birds - and your pictures make me smile! Thanks for visiting my site!