Meet My Sister's Professor - Spiny-tailed lizard

This is my sister's Spiny-tailed Lizard, one of the pets she has. I mean one of them, because she has many. She loves animals, birds—you name it. She does not only have them as pets; she is also able to breed them. So far she has been very successful with breeding birds, and now she is getting into reptiles, if I am not mistaken. Somehow, her hobby turned out to be related to my hobby but different. This is how I got introduced to bird watching, or bird photography. Whenever I visit her place, I have the chance to snap some pictures, and this is one of them.

The spiny-tailed Lizard is a lizard you can have as a pet. But be prepared to give them some light and lots of heat. The nice thing about them is that they are herbivores, meaning their diet solely includes plants, so you don't have to worry about getting live insects to feed them with, something I never liked.
I recall once removing feeder fish from my brother's turtle tank so they would not get eaten. But going back to this lovely lizard, if you want to find out more, here is the link to wikipedia: Spiny-tailed Lizard.

~ Anna

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very nice. Yes his name is Profesor. I didn't think he looked so good until I looked at the pictures. For all who read this, I will be breeding them next year as well Nigarian Red Uromastix. But over all very nice picture. Thanks
Bob Johnson said…
I would so like to have any kind of lizards in the house, but the wife cant stand them, that is a cool lizard pic!
THE ANiTOKiD said…
Wow! Awesome pic! I still don't know if i can handle them - never did it before. Had dogs and cats for pets.

And some people say that reptiles as pets are good luck. And I kid you not! :)

AnitoKid at www.anitokid.blogspot.com
Really great composition on this photo! I love the shadows and color! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage
myonlyphoto said…
Hey Bob, yeah its cool, but I prefer photo only too.

Hey the anitokid, if they are good luck, my sister has some for you.

Cindy, thanks for the comment. I took this photo accidently and just picked up the right light.

Thank you all for your comments.

Anna :)