Blog Connections And Me

You are here for a long ride, so I suggest that you set up a comfortable chair and get yourself a nice cup of tea or coffee to read this long post of mine. For those reading this post for the first time, you need to visit the first part, 'This Time Something Different,' to make a connection. Also, I thought I gave participants credit, so don't forget to click on each link to find cool posts behind each blogger. Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for participating in this little guessing game. Secondly, there is only one answer: only one girl in the photo is me, and which one? Before I tell you who I am, I am just letting you know that if you got it incorrectly, then don't worry, because I participated in such games before, and no one could ever match my face to the photo, and whoever saw my baby photos, this is not what they visualize, and for those who only talked to me on the phone and met me later in life, same, surprise. I don't know what it is yet, but maybe because my life has been an adventure, I really don't sit on one thing ever; I like to explore and continue to pick up new skills and knowledge. I am sometimes amazed that, may be 10 years ago, I would say no way to accounting, but then when I started applying, wow, I love it, and I apply it in personal planning. I actually want to get QuickBooks for my personal bookkeeping; yes, call me a nut.

However, I was amazed with your answers and with some supporting arguments; I just wish I had provided more clues on my blog, for which some of you searched.

So let's go in order of posted comments and have some fun.
JJ wrote from Nature Shows and Dreams: "What a great idea, Anna! You're the one of the left because you're already arranging leaves for your future in photography. :D Hugs, JJ".

JJ made a very interesting comment, just like her posts are. She actually analyzed the photo for clues; that was an excellent start. What is interesting is that JJ and I have a lot in common. She is a nature nut, and I am the second nut. Every time she posts or I post, we find something in common. She actually thought that I was a writer, and she was right; now I am, but before, I was just an ordinary, boring technical writer—or still am. Along with every post, my favorite of hers is The Woman on the Bicentennial Mural Has a Name!, among others,of course. In the end,we connect not because of what we look like but because of who we are and what we have in common that we can laugh or cry about.

Peter from Scruffyhippo Blog wrote: "Anna, we actually do something like this in psychic workshops, we get everyone to bring in a photo of when they were a child and ask the others to work out who is who, only I and the photo owners know the answer. It's amazing how many people get it right. Your on the left :)".

Peter, I guess this time you had to be on the other side of the game. It was your turn to guess. We will see later if Peter got it right. In the meantime, what connects me to Peter? Well, when I started to read Peter's posts, I knew that I would be back, because every post he wrote was like I just asked him a question and he was able to give me an answer, and in fact, he did answer many of my life questions. Our thoughts are quite tuned. It is amazing that through a simple blog platform, we can sometimes communicate on a higher inner level, and we have some things in common, like swimming issues and a love for peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Max-e from the maX files wrote: "Hi Anna I really need to scan my old pictures as well, but find it easier to photograph. My guess - left?"

Max-E is quite a new visitor to my blog. One post of Max-E's "My favourite toys" was a turning point, knowing that we should get to know each other more, or at least I should get to know him. I discovered many common life experiences when I read Max-E's life story in "My favourite toys," even though it was different times and on the other side of the world, it was the feelings that we shared. Plus, he lives in South Africa, where I have always wanted to travel (in Africa in general), and he has a big backyard that I am planning to have one day too. Not sure why Max-E chose the left?

Susanne from Sue's Daily Photos wrote: "Hi Anna, 3 out of 5 say "left" - I have to be the opposite and say "right"... :-) Nice post idea!"

Something is telling me that Susanne is just a busy-bee. I have a feeling that she may be clicking a lot these days - just visit her blog and you will see for yourself. And probably she knows something about statistics too. It's something I would consider too if I were on the other side of the game. The photographs are not just pictures; they are representations of feeling and emotion, and Susan has that skill. Susanne also has the skill to attract visitors to her blog. It is her appreciation, in addition to great photography, that keeps visitors flowing. Was Susanne right?

Will from Healthy Living for People and Planet Earth wrote: "I have the feeling from just looking at the face, that it is you on the left. But... the cutie on the right looks like she is less interested in posing than in getting her hands on your Dad's camera. So I will go against my first thought and say on the right."

Will got me actually thinking about his answer, quite clever. Me or my sister will never know what we were thinking when my dad was photographing us. Therefore, it is interesting to see the viewer's point of view, and you never know, maybe they are correct.

So how does Will fit into this complete picture? I don't know how I came across Will's blog, but I discovered a lot of good, healthy stuff in it, including avocado. This may be a new piece of information about me - I am a health nut, and I like good food. However, I also break the rules when I slip in a Big Mac when I get coupons in the mail. Will writes about many things, but the healthy living Will writes about is something everyone should read. Will also has a strong voice in the community to bring issues to the table.

Bob Johnson from Blackholes and Astorstuff wrote: "Hi Anna, it's amazing what you can do in Photoshop, Your the one on the, left, no right, no left, didn't go yet, I say rightleft, I mean right, because I think you said something somewhere about your sister giving you a doll or something, older sisters are more apt to give things to younger sisters, or I could be totally out to lunch, lol"

I can tell that Bob really wants to get it right, and the nice thing is that he actually read my post about dolls and was picking up some clues. The turning point is that I have two sisters, and I am the one in the middle. I never mentioned which sister gave me a doll too. What connects Bob to me are my moon photos on my blog and his moon photos (wow! when you see them). Bob's telescope does not miss anything. He was systematically visiting my blog, and thanks to him, I was able to catch some falling stars and a lunar eclipse. However, you need to check his lunar eclipse photos, but then his sun photos are the best I've ever seen, and I already mentioned my favorite post of his, "Mysterious Bodies." And thanks to him, I found things to do at night. Sorry, Bob, I guess you are a few more paragraphs away from finding out the answer.

David from David Leonard Blog wrote: "Hello, my turn to ID you...Ok I won't do like everybody else and I chose the person who is at the right of the picture. Here is how I've made my choice : on your blog entry "Photo preservation tips", there is this old picture where we can see two people. Maybe it was you on the left... So I think that the person on the left looks like the person on the right of the picture of this post. Ok this is a bit complicated, but it is a science ;-)"

This is another clever person who was looking for clues on my blog, but let me tell you all, I think there is only one and not that obvious clue on my blog. The interesting part I picked up from David is that he actually analyzes pictures. Unfortunately, the picture is not related to me. He also analyzes his own photography, and in every post of his that I read, I see a guy with great imagination. He has an excellent eye for shooting unique photos, and that's why I visit his blog.

channelofhealing from Channelofhealing blog wrote: "Hi Anna, I finally figured it out, definitely the little girl in the pic playing with the flower or leaves. this is really nice keep up the good work."

Was channelofhealing right? Let's find out when we get to the bottom of this long post. One day, I clicked on the Jesus avatar in Blog Catalog to find out what it is, and on that day, she had this cool post about Our Lives. You must read it to find the moral of the story. When I read it, it became clear to me that I would be reading much more good stuff on this blog. I became addicted to the channelofhealing blog because every story I read was true but also spiced with some humour that put a smile on my face every time.

Anonymous wrote: "Hi Anna, I think I know - :)"

By the way, this is my husband, and I told him not to participate, but I guess he knows because he saw it many times. He is a little shy to join.

Lynne from The Sewing Mom: "I am going to say the little girl on the left, the older one. She is very comfortable in her outdoor surroundings and you are very interested in nature so I'm going with that one. :-D"

Lynne's answer was very close to JJ's answer. Hey, an opportunity for a new blogger friend! Lynne is an occasional visitor to my blog. I visited her blog a few times, and the yellow-orange color scheme of her newly remodeled blog shines among many blogs. Lynne is currently a stay-at-home mom, and sometimes I imagine that if I were to stay at home, I would do all these things that I still have on the list and probably not have time to do them all. I guess I will be knocking at her blog door and reading her daily insights: "Sometimes I Feel Organized, Sometimes I Don’t" is how sometimes I feel.

Kathy from Photography by KML wrote on BC: "hi Anna - I didn't make a guess on your blog, so I will do it here. I think you are the little girl in the dress. I am basing my guess on that you ran your own business - and this is usually a trait of the eldest sibling. Can't wait to see the results!"

Great analogy, Kathy. It's actually an interesting answer. I did, in fact, hear about this before. Kathy and I share the same passion. We carry our cameras 24/7, and nothing will stop us. However, Kathy photographs everything, but she also creates projects. She plans what she is going to photograph. I really like her abstract photos. If you visit her actual website, you will see where she is hiding her talent. I have learned a lot from Kathy's photography. She has a great eye for details - she is really great.

Jaya from Cats on My Head wrote: "Hi there, Anna - Wow! 3,000 old photos scanned! BRAVO! I have just done a couple dozen so far. But my older brother who has all the family photos from before I was born and maybe up through my first 10 years, says he is going to start scanning and sending them to me. I'm really looking forward to seeing those! As for which child you are in that photo, I'm going to guess the younger one, just because I like the funny expression on her face."

Jaya just made it, and I had to go back and analyze the younger kid in the photo - yeah, it is kind of a funny expression. Probably Will was right, she is getting ready to get her hands on the camera. Or maybe I was thinking about Jaya and cats on her head. Her blog name obviously had a sign saying "enter here," and I did. When I did, I learned a great deal about Jaya, and you should too if you get a chance. Sometimes we take for granted how good we have it. Jaya is an inspiration, and I will be visiting her blog whether she wants me to or not. She is also a great writer and she took this great moon photo.

The coffee or tea is now done or cold because you forgot to drink it, and you probably don't care any more who I am.

However, I will give you clues to ID me from the photo: When I was born, I was 12 pounds. Yes, I was quite heavy, and my doctor said, 'Just give her a knapsack and send her to school'. I did not believe my mother at first, but then I finally got hold of my health book, and there it was in black and white. I was also very quiet and slow, and I liked to eat. My mom said that all they had to do was put some cooked rice or cooked cabbage in front of me, and I could sit like that for hours, happy. I still like to eat, but one day when I was in university, I got sick with a stomach virus. I lost 10 pounds in three days; my stomach shrank, but my eyes for food remained big. I have two sisters, one on each side, both of whom have been mentioned in this blog before. My first post was about the old lamp, Time to Give It Back: The Old Green Lamp, we used to have, and my older sister traveled back home and was able to recover it. My younger sister was mentioned in the doll post Dolls of the Past, and she was the one that gave me a music clown doll, and even now she is still buying me dolls.

I am not sure if I gave you enough clues yet; maybe the dark hair tip will conclude this post. So in total, there are four of us: my sister, me, my sister, and my brother, and I think now you can see that my parents really wanted to preserve the family name. They not only preserved the family name but also gave my brother my father’s name. Thank you all for participating and reading this long post—only this one time. After two days of researching and writing this post, I think I should retire from blogging for a few days.

~ Anna

Comments

Bob Johnson said…
Excellent post!, I was right but my logic was slightly flawed, oh well, It would have taken me a year to do this post, I type with 2 fingers, lol.
David Leonard said…
Hi Anna, this post is very good!! I have discovered a lot of intersting blogs. And through them I begin to discover you more and more. Thank you so much for the review of my blog, that is really appreciated. I wish you an excellent week-end and all the best for your recovering from writing so much about us!!
Anna, thanks for everything you have done, am so touched and speechless... all I can say is that God will bless you mightily in Jesus Mighty Name Amen.

Stayblessed
Jaya said…
Anna, that was a GREAT
way to reveal the answer!
And, lovely of you to be
such a good hostess and
introduce us all to each
other. I'll have to check
out the blogs of your
other guests!
kml said…
Anna you must be totally all blogged out! I am most grateful to you for your hard work and for including me in your post.

You put this together extremely well and made it enjoyable to read.

You are a gem and I am glad to have found your blog in this huge internet world!
Anna,

What a fascinating post!!! It's interesting reading how we all approached what we thought was the right answer!!!

We are two nature nuts. I could tell I found a kindred spirit the minute I first logged on to your blog and the photos started talking. :D

Hugs, JJ
S-V-H said…
This is a wonderful post, Anna, from the first word to the last, it's big fun to read! And thanks for introducing so many other great bloggers sites! I'm glad to have you as my blog friend.:-)
Anonymous said…
Quite the great post, Anna! Thanks for putting all the links in one place. I have actually visited Blackholes and Astrostuff a few times after coming across it somewhere else. Bob had posted about the total lunar eclipse which I had not known about. We got up in the middle of the night and had a great show. I look forward to visiting the others who took part.

btw: I keep a shredder right where I open the mail. That way the it is easy to dispose of the bad mail before it can do harm, like the Big Mac coupons! ;)

-Will
Scruffyhippo said…
Brilliant post anna, (took me three cups of tea and a packet of cookies to read it)seems you have become a writer too :)
Max-e said…
Great post Anna. Mine was just an uneducated guess - no logic or reasoning. But now that I think of it, your bunny should have been the give away. If you were blonde it would have been a white bunny.
kRiZcPEc said…
a very long post indeed! taking me quite some time to read....now I need more time to digest it, LOL
myonlyphoto said…
Hey all, I guess I did take some time off blogging after after all. I am glad that everyone enjoyed the post. I was worry a bit, how some of you will take it. But I guess so far so good. And I just wanted to point out there wasn't really wrong answer. Because you didn't really see my recent photo, how possibly can you match just be reading blog posts, but all your comments are appreciated as always.

Thanks Bob, for you comment, I hope I did not take any time from your telescope. Your logic was good, but I think the post did not have enough info anyway. So typing with two fingers, wow, your posts are usually longer than mine so I think you are still fast.

Thanks David for you comment it is appreciated. I think on the end not only what's on the blog, but the relationship among bloggers that matter.

Thanks channelofhealing, I am glad that that you enjoyed the post, as much I enjoyed reading yours.

Thanks Jaya. I thought that if I reveal answer right away, then you know what happens, but I wanted to make sure that everyone read about everyone too and find new blog connection. That is how I discovered some of you.

Kathy, yes I was totally blogged out. I kept re-reading it just make sure all the links were working and everything flowed, it was rewarding work though knowing that each of you enjoyed it and were thankful, it is really appreciated.

jj my favorite nature nut, thanks for your comments. Yeah every time I read each of your comments - the analysis were just amazing. Like I said, I think I gave you all tough problem to solve, with very little photo clues. But all of you did very well.

Susanne thanks. Glad you enjoyed the post. Your appreciation of every visit to your blog and your unique photography kept me coming back, I know that there was more than just blogging.

Will thanks. Yeah Bob been great, his blog is convincing more and more people to see how beautiful world can be after hours. Thanks for the tip, but my shredder did not made that close to the recycle box yet. Now you know some of my bad habits, but good habits usually outweigh the bad ones in our house - did not reached to perfect state yet, lol.

Peter thanks. Wow, you actually took my recommendation and did have some tea, and lol cookies. It is really nice to know that you really did read the post. I have gone through some blogs and I could never tune myself to read it, but I can do that with yours, and my other favorite bloggers. It is really different when you get to know someone.

Max-e thanks. I think the problem was that you just had to guess who was who. Some of you did great job applying the logic, and actually was quite good. But I have not given enough good clues to all of you to guess, it was 50-50 chance.

kRiZ cPEc thanks for visiting. You may want to read the first part to get the message, but feel free to read on and meet my blogger friends.

Thanks again to all of you for your participation, for visits you been making to my blog. Plain and simple, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't you. Anna :)