Very Red Sun On The Horizon

Sun Set, Aurora, Ontario, Canada, Sep 19, 2007 07:10 PM

We were driving from work today and the sky had this light purple or reddish color on the horizon. As the sun was getting lower and lower, the horizon was getting redder, but what was getting even redder was the Sun. It was just beautiful, I couldn't stop looking at it, I know I really shouldn't. But I don't think it is that harmful when on the horizon. I was debating if I should take out my portable camera or not. Filling up the gas and I am still debating. I guess you know what happened next, just by seeing the photo.I took few shots in the auto mode, and I was getting red sky and very bright sun. Then I switched to partial metering, and here we go, nice red sun. Just to let you know the black or dark sky on the photo is actually reddish, and because I was metering the sun surface, I got everything else dark around. I didn't have much time to play with camera settings because I tell you the Sun set was happening front of our eyes. I think the photo came out good for what I had to play with, but too bad I didn't have my SLR, oh well may be next time. Here is a small article to read just in case you would like to find out: Why is the Sun red at Sunset?

Comments

b13 said…
Beautiful shot. And thanks for stopping by :)
Anna,
Thanks for your recent visit to my blog. You're always welcome there.
Bob Johnson said…
Holy crap, that shot is just frigging awesome!
Max-e said…
That is a stuuning shot Anna.
David Leonard said…
This shot is so beautiful! Well done Anna :-)
kml said…
wow! the red tones are awesome! excellent shot, Anna!
Gorgeous shot!!! I loooove this blog!!!

Hugs, JJ
La Leyenda said…
do not speak ingles, I understand little but of all ways thank you very much by your visit and hope that you return soon

Your photos are beautiful
S-V-H said…
Nice shot Anna and thanks to share it with us!
Helen Read said…
No kidding about the red! What a great shot. thanks for visiting me -and leaving your kind comments :)
Bergson said…
I like this sun
cheer
laurel said…
Great shot! I have a hard time taking my eyes off of the sun sometimes too. Maybe that's why I am so blind ;)
Oh Anna, this picture is so nice and beautiful, I could look at it forever.
thanks keep up the good work,
I love this

Godbless
Luis F. said…
Gracias Anna por tu visita, esta fotografía del sol es espectacular. Felicidades.
myonlyphoto said…
Thanks all for your comments. This is my best photo of the sun I ever took, I will make sure next time I am ready with right settings. Anna :)