An Elephant For Good Luck

I guess you can tell that I was not wasting my time at the African Lion Safari Zoo.
Elephants are my favorite animals, but in the end, I like them all, meaning all animals. I have a small collection of elephant figurines that I have received over the years as gifts from others. They all have their trunks up.

Apparently, an elephant with its trunk up is for good luck, so I got seven 'good lucks' sitting on my shelf, and they all came from different parts of the world.

I am not sure if you saw a couple of my elephant blog posts. This one is my favorite. I took this photo when I was in Germany last year: Indian Elephant: The Happy Elephant. And the second one, which is adorable, was taken again at the African Lion Safari during my first trip this year: An Elephant with a Personality. Expect more to come.

~ Anna

Comments

Lynda Lehmann said…
Wonderful photo, Anna! Thanks for sharing it. I'm sure you've seen the footage of elephants who "paint." All animals are remarkable, and from what I've seen, elephant behavior is among the most interesting!
Bob Johnson said…
Nice shot Anna, elephants were always my favs at the circus as a kid.
Scruffyhippo said…
Great picture, I have to admit Hippo's are my thing, but being next to an elephant reminds you how small we are in comparison.
Anna,

Love the elephant photo!!! I adore these gentle giants!!! Once I wrote a short story about them.

Hugs, JJ