Moon Photography: Fun Waking Up to the Morning Moon

This morning I woke up to the view of this good-looking, bright morning moon. Last night, I didn't take any photos. Sometimes it is better to enjoy it with the naked eye. So the first thing I did was take my camera and take some photos of the moon, and I also took some photos of yellowjacket wasps having a party in my hummingbird feeder. Then I went back for more moon photos, just in case something changed out there on its surface.
Aurora, Ontario, Sep 01, 2007, 09:41 AM EST

About my backyard visitors. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I put out seeds for birds, and I get squirrels. I put out sweet drinks for birds, and I get wasps.

The story is that this hummingbird feeder was abandoned until I had a face-to-face encounter with a real hummingbird. That one morning I was watering my plants in the backyard wearing a pink t-shirt, and next thing I saw a hummingbird flying my way; however, once it recognized I wasn't a flower, it stopped about one meter away and flew away.
How nice! For the second time this year, I got a bird going my way and in my own backyard. The other one was about three weeks ago, when some type of hawk flew over my head about the same distance, about one meter above. I guess once you get closer to nature, things like that are expected, but let's just hope that I don't get any full-size animals charging at me.

~ Anna

Comments

Bob Johnson said…
Your just a photo machine Anna, cool pic of both wasp and Moon.
S-V-H said…
Hey Anna,
FANTASTIC pictures, the moon and the wasp - I can only say: WOW. I like the moon, fantastic! I like the colors in the 2nd one, the yellow against the red glass are in a great proportion! Girl you ROCK!
BTW, I gave your award to 5 other bloggers...check it out. Have a wonderful weekend!
Max-e said…
You really have to love nature. Never know what she is going to throw at you - nice that you are able to enjoy the little things like the wasp. Great pics
Great photos, Anna!!!

Hummingbirds are smart. We had a moderate drought happening a couple of weeks ago and DH set the sprinkler on the apple orchard. As he was starting it up a hummingbird whizzed around his head. "You're going to get wet, little one," he said as the hummingbird perched on an apple branch between ripening apples. The sprinkler arched over and the hummingbird welcomed the water and took a shower, preening herself. :D

Have a great long weekend!!!

Hugs, JJ
David Leonard said…
It is so hard to take picture of wildlife or nature and you are so good at it. I have a lot to learn from your work!

The wasp and the red glass is one of my favorite!
myonlyphoto said…
Hey guys thanks for all your comments. I never realized but the moon on the blue sky looks so good, I don't know what I was missing.

Yes Bob you will be seeing lot of moon photos from me, and there will be other for you to enjoy.

Sue thanks for your comments, yeah I thought that the yellows and reds will go well together, except I am waiting for my hummingbird to show up.

Max-e, thanks for your visit. Yeah I fell in love with nature, I can sit outside and never be bored. Thanks for your comment.

JJ thanks for your lovely hummingbird story. Well I had one visiting, hopefully there will be more.

David, may be sometimes I am good, and sometimes I have to shoot 100 photos (thanks for digital) to find that one - the perfect one. I am still learning...thanks for your comments, your photos are stunning also.

Thanks all again,
Anna :)
Right now the moon is just past new phase and you will have to wait about 3 weeks or so to see it in the daytime morning sky. For now enjoy it in the evening and afternoon sky.