Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving, together with Christmas and Easter, is a special occasion where I can easily put on at least 5 pounds. On this day, the delectable taste of pumpkin pies, especially when topped with whipped cream, is simply irresistible. Like any other day, Thanksgiving is a time for me to express gratitude for my loved ones, good health, food, the beauty of nature, and countless other blessings. Moreover, I am immensely grateful for each and every one of my blog followers.
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order,
confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home,
a stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of our past,
brings peace for today and
creates a vision for tomorrow."

- by Melody Beattie

~ Anna

On the side note, what an accomplishement here: "Born Melody Vaillancourt in Minneapolis, Beattie graduated from high school with honors. She began drinking at age 12, was an alcoholic by age 13, and a drug addict by 18. Beattie published 18 books including Codependent No More, Beyond Codependency, The Language of Letting Go and Make Miracles in Forty Days: Turning What You Have into What You Want, published in 2010. Several of her books have been published in other languages."

Comments

MYM said…
Thanks anna! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Enjoy that pumpkin pie...yum!
Fedor said…
I love thanksgiving, because it brings friends and relatives together that you haven't seen in a long time. Have a good one! Anna!
Helen Read said…
What a great photo of pumpkins! Happy Thanksgiving!
kml said…
Happy Thanksgiving to you, Anna! The pumpkins are perfect - love the bright oranges!
Anonymous said…
I harvested my pumpkins last week. With the leaves turning and the fall decorations up, I am starting to think about Thanksgiving. I wondered at first why you were so early writing about Thanksgiving, but then I said Canada, duh!

I found a good website that described the origin and history of Canadian Thanksgiving so I would not feel so much like an uninformed U.S. guy! I would post the link here, but I don't think Blogger allows links in comments?
Happy Thanksgiving to you too.. in every situation we must give thanks to God.

Godbless
Bob Johnson said…
What, you selling pumkins now? great contrasting shot, Happy Thanksgiving.
S-V-H said…
Hi Anna,
I envy you being able to experience the differences of the seasons, comparing to where I live with its endless springtimes. I'm jealous of all your fresh pumpkins. Happy Thanksgiving.
Peter said…
Happy Thanksgiving Anna!
Save some for me.
Anna, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Great photo!!! I loooove pumpkin pie and am trying to keep my weight down just thinking about Thanksgiving. :D

Hugs, JJ
kRiZcPEc said…
happy thanksgiving. ^^
Michele said…
Happy Thanksgiving. The pumpkins are awesome.
I am literally stuffed as well with turkey and pumpkin pie and I love it. Leftovers await and I don't mind at all!!
myonlyphoto said…
Thank you all. Your visits are greatly appreciated, turkey was great, pumpkin pie was great, family was great, and you bloggers are great too, and I am thankful. Anna :)
Anonymous said…
Thanksgiving and Christmas are very special times. Nice photo. I love the contrast you captured between the orange and white pumpkins. Nice composition.
Anonymous said…
A very late happy thanksgiving to you! I'm envious of the thanksgiving tradition; all that food and getting together with loved ones :)
Max-e said…
Hope you had a happy thanksgiving Anna
Anna Happy Thanksgiving to you : )
Nice photo again : )
Max Coutinho said…
HAPPY THANKSGIVING (although belated)!!!!

I love pie too: Yummmyyy!!!

Cheers
Fruity said…
Stumbled in. Those pumpkins look great! Nice shot. I love those fruits
Fruity
myonlyphoto said…
Thank you all again, and thanks to all new visitors that left comments. It is appreciated. Anna :)