Pass The Penguin: Breast Cancer Awareness

October is the Breast Cancer Awareness and I am supporting it, and not just breast cancer, because sometimes the hardest part in our lives is also to know someone who has, or had, or to know some one who did not survive not just breast cancer but any form of cancer. I have seen both, my grand aunt who did not survive, and my 9 years old then (4 years ago) cousin who did survive. Like Max not sure if I can go all pink but here is my support.October is the Breast Cancer Awareness month. Max asked me to help her to spread the penguin, and here how you can help to do the same.

How can you help? Below are the four points, recommended by Pelf:
1. Spread the word. Announce the event on your blog. You could write a blog post (like this), or a little note about it. Whatever you choose to do, just go ahead and tell your readers about it.
2. Go pink. Modify your theme if you know how to, or get yourself a pretty pink theme. If you run a website, turn your website pink. But if you don’t like pink, you could still participate by putting up a badge on your sidebar.
3. Design badges and banners. Design a couple of “Pink for October” badges or banners for other participants to use (for free) and to publicize the event. Some of the existing badges and banners can be downloaded from the Official Pink for October Site.
4. Design blog themes. There are a lot of bloggers (me included) who can’t even do simple designing, so if you are good at it, perhaps you could design and release a few pink themes?So, I am hoping that whoever happens to read my post, please do something to spread the awareness. It only takes a moment of our time.


Additional Note: How far would this ‘Pink Penguin’ go? How well would the awareness spread? Thus, Max has come up with the idea by tagging all the amazing women. I'll do the same. Thank you all for participating!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great article for a great need. You have a wonderful heart!
kml said…
I will definitely do a post to pass it on. Thanks, Anna!
Thanks for the note, Anna. I will definitely pass this post on!!!

My mother, grandmother, and several of my aunts have had breast cancer. My grandmother and one aunt didn't survive. I had my sixth breast lump removed a couple of months ago but thankfully they have all been benign.
:D

Hugs, JJ
Lynda Lehmann said…
Good message, Anna. I've had breast cancer, and lost my dearest high school friend to it. She died a slow and agonizing death and left 3 children. I know of so many others... and it isn't pretty. It's good to spread awareness. Thank you for bringing this to mind. I will do a post....
Thanks for information. I saw many blogs passing the Pink Penguin. I just posted the penguin.
Max Coutinho said…
Anna,

Thanks for passing the penguin!
Cancer is a terrible disease *nodding*!
I am sorry about your grand aunt; but praised be the Lord for your cousin :)!

Cheers
myonlyphoto said…
Boydgreeneart, thank you so much for your comment.

Kathy, thank you so much for your support.

JJ, thank you too for your support. Sorry to hear about your family, and you too. You have my prayers.

Lynda, thank you for your support also. I can imagine how hard it is for friends and family to see people suffer and then be gone.
Thank you for your comment and visit.

DigitalShutterMania thank you too for your support.

Max, thank you too. Glad to be involved.

Thank you all for supporting this matter. It is appreciated. Anna :)
Anonymous said…
I went Pink for October. I am sorry to here you lost your aunt to Cancer.
myonlyphoto said…
Rose, thanks. And thanks for visiting. Anna :)
bsilvia said…
Thanks for the post! I will do a post to pass it on too.

S*
myonlyphoto said…
bsilvia thank you for getting involved, it means a lot. I checked out your nice banner, very nice - you are so creative. Anna :)