Introducing Digital Postcard Series

It isn't that easy to post a picture-less post on this blog, but I don't really want to have all this rambling with my new digital postcard series post. However, before I introduce the new post series, I want to share this with you. On August 9th, 2009, during major electrical storms [3–4 of them] storming through our area, I saw ball lightning. It lasted for a split second and dissipated into rays similar to fireworks. Secondly, it was interesting to see how birds react to the heat. When they are hot, they usually walk with their beaks open, and yesterday it was hot and humid. While driving in the mall parking lot, my husband noticed seagulls in the diagonal line right across. Guess what? They were all standing in the shade of the light post—about 10 of them. Please do not ask me where my camera was for both events.

And now to my blog enhancements. As I mentioned before, I am introducing a digital post card series. I have so many photos, and because I like postcards, I will be creating some too. So my blog will now consist of the following: a regular photo post, a knowledge post, and a digital postcard post. The digital postcard post will be featured 'hopefully' once a week and posted on the weekends. Just to make everyone's life easier, posts will have little or no text. All postcards will be hosted at Atpic (note: Atpic no longer exists, and postcards are gone). I'm not sure of their reputation, but if you have issues displaying photos on my blog, hopefully you will complain. Lastly, I don't have that feature on my Canon camera, but to the best of my abilities, I will be specifying the location on all my photos where the photo was taken, that is, latitude and longitude.

~ Anna



Comments

kRiZcPEc said…
This weekend? Would love to see!
Priyank said…
Cool cool, Whats with this trend of 'Weekend Postcard', 'Toronto Tuesday' etc... :D I saw the first one in my reader and I'm going there next :)
RW said…
How cool is this! I cant wait for the awesome postcards made by Anna! :D
Will said…
Nice idea, Anna! Some of the first B+W photos I took and developed oh so many years ago were time exposures of a lightning storm. I just happened to get a ball of lightning coming down and bouncing across the top of several trees on the horizon.

Now that I read the Wikipedia article on it that you linked to above, I guess I should go through my boxes of old photos and find that one and post it for proof that ball lightning does indeed exist. How's that for a long sentence that still makes a little sense!?
WOW!! That must have been an amazing sight to see Anna. I have never seen something like that myself.
myonlyphoto said…
Thanks Priyank, I guess those are good if you want to post regularly, keeps you on your toes, lol. So you are going to start Toronto Tuesday, lol? Anna :)
myonlyphoto said…
Thanks Roger, I guess you already saw. Thanks again, Anna :)
myonlyphoto said…
Will you do that, that will be great. I was surprised when I read that they don't have record of the ball lightning in photos, especially with technology we have today. Let me know when you get it out. Thanks for letting us know. Anna :)
myonlyphoto said…
Yes Joan it was. All I kept saying was wow wow wow. Another great phenomena for my portfolio. Thanks for commenting again Joan, appreciated. Anna :)
Bob Johnson said…
Very cool concept Anna, love postcards.
Marvin said…
BALL LIGHTNING!!! I am SO Jealous.
myonlyphoto said…
Marvin, lol, sorry buddy, lol, but it was real cool. Next time I will be walking with my camera all the time, lol, and hopefully to have the ball lightning on record. Thanks for your comment. Anna :)
MedaM said…
That must have been a fantastic experience to see a ball lighting. I think it is exciting and scary at the same time. What a pity that you didn't have your camera ready for such events.
myonlyphoto said…
MedaM yes it was, and at the same time it was kind of scary because I heard lot of stories about it. Yeah it happens to me all the time. I even tell my husband not too look for any animals when I don't have camera with me, lol. Thanks Medam for your kind visit. Appreciated. Anna :)