Unique Dandelion

Kind of short-notice post. I found this by accident. This is an interesting project from The New York Times called Moment in Time. The organizer from The New York Times is calling on all with cameras to take a photo on May 2nd, 2010 at 3:00 pm (15:00). More details are on their site. READ MORE... (A Moment in Time, or F.A.Q. on U.T.C.) I will try to participate; however, I am still uncertain.
Update: I did it. My submission, "The Unique Dandelion", to the "A Moment In Time" project by The New York Times, LLENS, is a photograph of a dandelion from my backyard on May 2nd, 2010 at 3:07 pm. I had a very small window of opportunity, didn't hit the 3 o'clock mark, and I got a weed. Well, I think he is a nice-looking weed anyway.

~ Anna

[Previously published on My Only Photo Journey Blog]

Comments

~mantamola~ said…
Wow! Very NICE!!!
MedaM said…
Anna, I love dandelion and this photo is really lovely.
Dick said…
Yes, he looks very nice, I like dandelions.
Max-e said…
Hi Anna, sorry I did not visit you sooner or I would also have participated. Your weed looks good though. The problem is that so many good looking plants are branded as weeds, as soon as they are more prolific than the ones we plant - but then there are some that you really don't want in our garden.
Anya said…
Your photo is puurfect :))
Nice post to read !!!!
(Sorry i'm late I had internet connection troubles :(
Peter said…
Hi! I spend a fortune on getting rid of weeds in my garden! A bit hypocritical considering some of my plants, especially agapanthus, are considered weeds. Great image and love the crisp focus, Anna!

Take Care,
Peter
Max Coutinho said…
Hi again,

Beautiful flower and weed lol ;). You submitted it to the NY Times? I hope they take publish it, girl! :D

Have a great weekend!
pino said…
Seems to be saying: between the bricks, I'm comfortable!
Excellent shot .... and good luck!
S-V-H said…
and it's a real in time shot: it shows spring time! They took the picture?

Big hug to your little sunshine!
Susanne
Livingsword said…
Anna…

Are you trying to legalize weed?

Sorry couldn’t resist…
That is one beautiful weed!
Good luck!
--JB
Tatiana said…
Great colors and details Anna, and even weeds can be beautiful when showered with sunshine, and taken by a sensible photographer as yourself
Tatiana said…
Oh, and you could actually win the 'A Moment In Time' project by The New York Times - let's wait and see :)