My Only Photo Journey Will Continue

Sometimes, when you get things for free, you just cannot complain. I've been having problems with my blog since a month ago, and now again for more than a week. I cannot access the Edit Posts menu. I am also having difficulty exporting my posts; there is no backup of my blog. Thus the changes to my blog. Not to make things complicated, I just created a new blog account called My Only Photo Journey - The Next Blogging Chapter.

Just a simple photography blog. However, due to a time constraint, I decided to keep this blog and add new posts that will redirect to my new blog. This way I don't have to re-do all the links, bookmarks, registrations, codes, followers, etc. You don't have to do anything either; just maybe one extra click on the Read More link in my post because I will not allow comments on the posts on this blog. I will be switching eventually to WordPress, but I am just so undecided about what I really want to show on my new web site. I decided not to do it for a while. I think I still have a few things to learn, plus there is only so much I can do.

Another change is that my only photo blog has grown to have many loyal visitors, and it is getting harder and harder for me to answer each individual comment. I will always be thankful for your comments and appreciate your time visiting my blog and reading my posts, and I will continue to visit yours; however, I will have to stop answering each individual. It will be tough for me not to comment back because I really enjoy every conversation I have with each of you. As a token of appreciation, there will be a Thank You post.

Stay tuned; my next post will be coming soon. To conclude my press release, let me leave you with two things. A quote I found kind of funny and a photo from my very first post on this blog from June 29, 2007 - 'Digital Observation When Driving Home' [Photo Above: Song Bird, Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia, 2006].

"If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?" ~ by Gloria Steinem

~ Anna

Update: June 27, 2023: All posts from My Only Photo Journey are now part of the My Only Photo blog, Comments included.

Comments

Yacek said…
Ładne ptaki, u mnie chyba takich nie ma :)
RW said…
Sorry to hear about your blogging problems, is there nothing more frustrating! Hang in there Anna! ;)

P.S. Hey nobody painted that pheasant, lol!
Swubird said…
Anna:

I am also have that same problem with Blogger. I can't stand this. The last time it happened Blogger didn't get around to fixing it for several weeks. What's with them anyway?

Like you, I have begun work on another blog. I hate to do that, but it's just so frustrating. I might even launch a website with an attached blog. Hopefully I won't loose my dear friends. It's a risk.

The picture you posted on this site is absolutely the best. I love your work.

Happy trails.
Hi Anna
As always you've really captured the essence in this photograph. Composition and color are very well done.
And, well, it's about time you're moving! Come and join me on Wordpress ...lol. All kidding aside...I know what you mean about blogger...they are a pain in the a$$ but I tell you Wordpress is worth it and the transition is painless and problem free. I have been back and forth so many times and have lost many readers (they can be a fickle bunch) but as always I appreciate you sticking by me and I will return the favor by following you to your new blog. As for the comments I hear you but I find if you don't reply to the comments people just aren't interested in visiting (look at the low turnout on my blog). I will understand though. I am not always on time or up to replying to each and every comment myself....all two of them! lol However, I will follow your transition with great interest.
Anyways, take care and have a great week!
~JD
Tatiana said…
The problems you are having with your blog Anna kind of happen. And I am glad you found a way to go further anyway. Once you have switched to WP you'll have to do updates but you'll get used to. And the birdie capture is such a sweetie, and what an amazing timing too ;)
lissa said…
great/funny quote!

for me, I never did like wordpress and never had problems with Blogger but perhaps it's different for you

good luck with your new blog
I pick up my camera and step into the deep snow by the road and start taking photos. The bird is black but turns blue as it moves and jumps around in the leafless birch tree.
Birdy Official said…
A very discouraging news for bloggers. These types of mishaps are very common with blogger and the blogger team generally don't take any interest to fix the problem.
kRiZcPEc said…
oh, hope blogger fix it soon.
Will said…
One word, Anna. Wordpress. ;-)

Wow 3 years ago. And two comments on that original post. How things have changed, Anna.... and how popular you now are!
Dick said…
I didn't have problems yet, I hope to visit your new blog when it's there, I don't expect you to answer each time, I know it's a lot of work and I don't have time to do it also. But for sure I appreciate your visits. Take care , byeee
Bob Johnson said…
Cute shot Anna, good luck with your new site.
Rajesh said…
We are with you in your blog.
Chris said…
HI Anna,
Hope that this will not have too much consequences for you!!! I'll stay tuned ;-)
Marvin said…
However often you post, we are grateful. ;-)
Louis la Vache said…
«Louis» has been having trouble with Blogger the last couple of days. For example, the post about his blog's anniversary was supposed to publish on Thursday - but Blogger published it very early this morning - with the correct date! «Louis» tried to fix it, to no avail...

«Louis» had two other blogs on the Blogger platform he abandoned because they got all buggy and he couldn't sort them out. He intended to move them to a new platform, but never got them moved...
Nancy J. Locke said…
Anna, I was having a similar problem with editing and contacted Blogger in their help forum. They told me to clear my cache. I did and my blog worked again.

Great photo, hon! I hope your blogging troubles settle down. That is so frustrating.

Hugs, Nancy/JJ
I have been so lucky to have very few problems with my blog. Thank goodness!! I hope this sort out yours for you Anna.
Jeevan said…
Congrats anna! We always be with you here.
WE have trouble with our blogs sometimes too. Hopefully the new journey will work much better!
--JB
John Maslowski said…
Best of luck in whatever direction you finally decide to go with your blog Anna. Also, fully understand your time constraints especially with a child to raise. Always a pleasure to visit your site and look forward to each one. Take care and hope you continue with your posts.
I Love Taurus said…
Hello
nice shoot
i like this photography
Luis F. said…
Hola Anna, he pasado por aquí, gracias por todos tus comentarios. Todo bien. Abrazos.
MedaM said…
Anna, I am sorry to hear about your blogging problems. I think I too have some problems but when I want to change my header which I use to do every Sunday. Every photo I try to edit appears in huge size although I always switch the shrink option. I don’t know what’s happening and how to solve this problem. You are a very creative person and you found a good way to put a full stop to the things that can be really frustrating.
Zbyszek said…
Piękny wróbelek...przyroda budzi się do życia. Pozdrawiam:)
kml said…
I really dislike having computer/blog/tech problems. Looking forward to your new blog and will check it out ASAP!
Michael said…
Oooo, thanks a lot for your comment!

It's very important for me.


Your shot is great but for me impossible- i don't have so long lens :(

Good job and shoot :P