Forty Years In The Making Of My Life

I started to do a lot of experimental photography with stills. I don't have a lot of good objects around the house to experiment with except plants, fruits, vegetables, or baked stuff. The above are orchids I took photo of a few weeks ago. The orchids were against the window with a lot of backlight, but by playing with exposures, I was able to get this beautiful effect. I took the best photo yet of the flower, and I was able to use it on the Easter cards I created for my family this year.
So what are forty years in the making of my life? Well, today I turned 40 years old. All I can say is that I am happy. There were good things and bad things in my life. So what is the secret? I choose to remember good things, and I choose to learn from bad things. Hopefully, I can have another 40 good years ahead.

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." ~ a quote by Mark Twain.

~ Anna

[Previously published on My Only Photo Journey Blog]

Comments

Sandee said…
I'll be 60 this year. Time does fly by.

Happy 40th birthday.

I love this photograph and can see why you would use it for your Easter cards. It's indeed beautiful.

Have a terrific day. :)
Peter said…
Magic shot! Happy birthday as well! 40 down 40+ to go!

Take Care,
Peter
Marvin said…
Happpppppy Birthday!!!! I distantly remember 40. Or maybe that was 50. No, it must have been 40. ;-)
Marka said…
An excellent photograph, Anna!

Here's to at least another wonderful 40 years!
George said…
Happy Birthday! I hope you won't mind if I still consider you a youngster. Your photo of the orchid is beautiful.
kRiZcPEc said…
Happy birthday. "40 down 40+ to go!" Cheers.
daisugi said…
Happy birthday.
Nice flower pic!
joshi daniel said…
no words! simply awesome!
Andrea said…
A late Happy Birthday from Italy!
Andrea said…
I love the light coming from this picture.
Neeraj said…
Nice picture... I think I should take out my CanonD90 as well- it's spring time!

and happy birthday!
John Maslowski said…
Hope you have another wonderful 40 years Anna, happy birthday! Indeed a beautiful image, excellent lighting and gorgeous colors. Great work Anna!
Luis F. said…
Me gusta mucho esta fotografía. Feliz cumpleaños Anna.
Diva's Thoughts said…
What a great photo!!! Happy birthday!!!
Jeevan said…
Wonderful... wonderful anna. Many more congrats and wishes on your 40th. Very true about age, and its mind matters and not the numbers. Excellent photography anna. I expected Matthew post which u said last time to write about.

Have a great time dear :)
Will said…
Happy Birthday Anna! And, as usual, that is a spectacular photo! I like that quote too.
MedaM said…
Hi Anna, happy belated birthday. May all your wishes come true! I like your orchid photo, it really is beautiful.
Carola said…
Belated Happy Birthday!
A enjoyed looking around in your blog. Wonderful photos and quotes.
beanow said…
Hi Anna! Beautiful composition and fabulous amaranth ...
Lynda Lehmann said…
Your photo is beautiful! It's filled with light!

Happy Birthday to you, dear Anna. Alas, you are still so young!

May all the years ahead of you be happy and blessed with health and creativity. And no regrets.

I agree that it's important to remember the good things.
This is a gorgeous picture.
And happy belated 40th too you! My mom hit that milestone a few years ago.
--JB
Priyank said…
Someone told me that 40 is the new 20...lol I bet its more fun than that. :) Congratulations Anna and belated Happy Birthday!
Robin said…
Anna,
I love your photos. Always nice to see them.

Happy belated birthday! You have such a good attitude about life.

Robin
Anonymous said…
I really do like this photo. The color is so delicate.
Dick said…
I like to say "Happy Birthday" though it might be a little too late, it's almost your birthday again. I'll be 60 this year, I can't believe I'm that old. I'm glad you are happy in life and for sure I hope you will have at least another happy 40 years ahead. After that we will talk again, lol.