My Reflection In His of Eyes - the Common Grackle

The title may sound romantic, but what you will see in the second photo is actually me taking a photograph of the juvenile Common Grackle.

Look deep into the bird's eye.
What I found is that photos of juvenile birds are the easiest to take. Saying it again. This happened to me a few times when I was able to get very close to the juvenile bird and not only photograph it that close but also capture its behaviour. They really don't react that much, but they observe very carefully. Sometimes they may make a gesture as they ask for the food. I don't have many photographs of me since I am the 'camera person', so what you are seeing in the bird's eye is me.

That day was also a feeding day. I have found it very enjoyable to watch this whole scenario. Grackles do not strike me as an exciting bird to watch, but when you see them feeding young ones, it is just so intriguing to watch.

~ Anna

Comments

Bob Johnson said…
Awesome, just awesome!
Anonymous said…
Spooky!