Monkey Business

Usually when we have relatives in town, we try to take them to local attractions, and this time it was African Lion Safari, Ontario. A second visit for me this year. It was raining, so I did not get as many good pictures as I anticipated.
So what is so special about the African Lion Safari Zoo? Well, you can go and meet the animals personally by taking a bus or your own car. You cannot have windows open on the bus or your own car. You cannot feed animals. Right? Many do not follow these rules.

I personally follow only one; I do not feed animals, but I cannot lie about the windows, especially if you know that I like taking photos. The most exciting attractions when driving through the zoo are the lions and baboons. And no, I did not open the window for them; this is an exception, and you can see why, especially for the baboons.
As the title states, the photo theme will be baboons, and this time we went with our own car, so we were able to take our time and go twice. I had to do a lot of convincing to actually take our car; my argument was that people with much better cars than ours went in.

In the end, the funny part is that my husband did more damage to the car than the monkey did just before entering the park—he was trying to hide the antenna, and he pushed it in so hard that it is not there anymore. It's somewhere in the body of the car.
Here is more from African Lion Safari: An Elephant with a Personality.

~ Anna

Comments

Lisa McGlaun said…
Anna,

I love the photo of the mischevious monkey on the back of your Chevy. How cute! Looks like he's trying to hitch a ride home with you.

Peace,
Lisa
myonlyphoto said…
Hi Lisa, yeah we had our own bunch hanging on our mirrors of the car. We were lucky to get good rain about 10 min later to wash the car from thousands of monkey footprints...Anna :)
Bob Johnson said…
lol great shots, I think you got a monkey that likes Fords instead of chevys.
myonlyphoto said…
Hi Bob, you got it. It was fun watching those little guys..lol.
Anna :)
Anna
That last photo has me in stitches!!! How delightful. :D

I never know what to expect when I visit your fantabulous blog. :D You're a delight!!!

I have to send your link to my DD.

Hugs, JJ
The story about the antenna is priceless! I just love the baboon photos (the last one in particular). Such a cheeky monkey! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage
myonlyphoto said…
JJ glad that I was able to make you laugh. But if you ever get chance to visit the park where you can drive between monkeys, do it, it's fun...

Cindy, yeah the antenna story is priceless, and we have such a good laugh every time. The last photo is my fav also.

Thanks all for your lovely comments, laughter is the best medicine.

Anna :)
Anonymous said…
Hey Anna,

Lovely pictures and I love that last baboon :)

How did you manage to take the pictures from the outside? Did you get out of your car?

Cheers
James

PS: Gave you some stumble love :)
myonlyphoto said…
Hi James, thanks for visiting. Yeah the last one is my fav too. I took all the pictures through the glass, we were not allowed to open any windows, mind you other people did to feed them, but they got in trouble haha....this big lady came with the cane to give them warning, even baboons were staying away from her, she was cool though...anna :)