The Humor In The Sign

Now that the meteor shower been on display for a while, its time to move on with other photographic ideas. Just keep in mind the lunar eclipse on August 28. Here are signs made by us to us. There are some interesting signs and there are some very boring signs. However, I like to observe, and sometimes make sense of each sign - what is the message, and I guess when driving, travelling to your destination, the intermediate time between your start and the end - that period of time may not be exciting. So I amuse myself with signs on the road. Here are in which I found some humor. I will be adding more once I get through all my files. And if you have any, I would love to see also, just provide a link in the comment box.
Lets analyze this one: 'She thinks my tractor sexy', okay it is sexy, I hope this guy has tractor in his garage, because this looks like truck to me. There must be a reason for this sign.
What does 'touchless' mean to you. To me it means no touching, but hey when you go through car wash there is all kinds of touching going on, I better not list them here. And 'touchless' is usually two words, so may be that is car wash company definition. What do I know?
This is my all time classic. This is no litter sign, but the hammer and the $500 looks like an auction event to me - no wonder people are still littering. And to every one's information Tim Horton and McDonalds are the most common items on the side of the highway seen here in Ontario, Canada - yes I do observe. Free marketing though. My message 'Please Do Not Litter'.

Comments

I loooove signs and snap photos of them too. They're culture art and say it all.

Thanks for the great review of my blog. I'm humbled by your opinion and sniffling because it meant so much to me. :D

Hugs, JJ
Bob Johnson said…
I likewise love signs, they are a sign of our times, the only thing I like more are old commercials from old tv shows that I have from the 80's on my vhs tapes.
myonlyphoto said…
Bob, don't start me with commercials. There are some cute one, that I acutally stop everything just to watch. Thanks for a visit.
Brian H. Gill said…
My favorite is the third ("no littering").

Good post. Thanks.
myonlyphoto said…
brian, yes this one is my favorite one too, it cracks me up everytime we wait at the light when going to work everyday. thanks for visiting. nice blogs you have there yourself.
Anonymous said…
One of my favorites was an official road sign stating "DMV Next Left" Right under that was one of those signs showing the left turn with the line through it and the words, "no left turn".
myonlyphoto said…
...that's funny Will. I think I saw some today that I was laughing hard lol. thanks for visit. anna :)