Need Help to Identify this Bird of Prey

I need your help.

I photographed some kind of hawk in the local wetland (McKenzie Marsh), fishing for fish. Quite a performance. However, I was not able to capture a clear picture, just silhouettes. I looked in the bird books for the features, but the head's black and white markings are throwing me off guard. Maybe it is a juvenile hawk that will eventually change its coloring to that of an adult hawk, or maybe this bird is not even a hawk.

Unfortunately, the sky was overcast and it was starting to rain, so I don't have a good shot. This is the first time I have ever witnessed a bird catch its prey with its feet. The photos were taken at McKenzie Marsh in Aurora, Ontario, Canada. I'm asking for your help. You can post your answer in the comment box; no registration is required. Thanks.
UPDATE: THANKS TO BIRDFORUM - The Mystery Bird of Prey is the Osprey [Pandion haliaetus].

~ Anna

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks to http://www.BIRDFORUM.net - The Mystery Bird of Prey is Osprey [Pandion haliaetus]
Anonymous said…
Wow you are so lucky, It's an Osprey! Ospreys are rare here in Britain and I would have jumped for joy if I'd seen it!
myonlyphoto said…
You know I was lucky that day, I did not know what I was shooting at first. And then I had a hard time to IDed. And I was also lucky seeing him fishing for fish. Now I know where they are, just around the corner from my house, I will be spending some time spying for more action to come. I did not know that lot of people are so fond of these birds. Few times already some asked about this bird. I am hoping for more nicer photos one day...